Tuesday, June 9, 2015

IIIIIIIIII'M BACK!!!!

Wow. I never thought I would be writing in this blog again about my DCP adventures. But alas, here I am!!
A little background. In late February the Disney Alumni page I am a part of on Facebook announced that for the first time in 7 years they would be doing a Summer Alumni program. I couldn't believe it, everything got spun around. Was I going to apply? I graduate in December so this was my only chance. Finally I decided what the heck and I applied! I went through the same interview process as the first program and they told by come the end of March I would find out if I got it or not. I didn't tell anyone outside my immediate family I was applying because it was an alumni program and I knew it was a very limited program. I didn't want to not get it and have everyone asking me about it. Well, fortunately for me I found out less than a week later that I had been accepted! The timing could not have been more perfect because the next day was the deadline for my College housing to know if I was resigning my contract or not.
May 26 was my check in day. I live in Patterson this time around in a 5 person apartment. I am in a room with 2 other girls, and we have a bunk bed! The 2 other girls in my room I connected with on Facebook and there are 2 other girls we wanted to room with but couldnt who live in Chatham that we hang out with. Sara, one of the girls in my room worked Fantasyland with my during my program and then we are both currently in the same role.
On that note, my role is currently floral, and in the floral department I am doing In Room Celebrations. This is where I travel across property to the different resorts and set up packages in rooms such as a love package or a welcome package. Yesterday, Saturday, was my first day working. It was an orientation with the 7 other CP's in floral (all girls) and then today was my first day in IRC and we went to Contemporary, Wilderness, and the Grand Floridian. Then when i'm not setting up in rooms and back at the warehouse we are making sure everything is in the baskets that need to be or creating new baskets for the next day.
Going back (Remember this I use as my journal so sorry if it becomes a bit of a bore) But, Monday night at 11:30 was my flight. I landed in Orlando at 5:50 AM and hung out at the airport until 7:30 where I got a taxi that took me to Vista Way for check in. I didn't get back from casting until about 4 and Alexia, Sara (My 2 roommates in my room) and Hannah and Sam (the other 2 we wanted to room with) we went to Downtown Disney and ate at T-Rex. Wednesday we had a housing meeting and went shopping at Target and Publix and Sara had us try Panera (Alexia and I) for the first time. Thursday we had nothing going on so Sara and I went to the pool then we went resort hopping. We then went to the Poly to watch Wishes as we ate Dole Whip, it was pretty perfect.
I've left this post in my draft box for almost two weeks so i've forgotten what happened next. I've started work and have had a couple of days to play at the parks as well. As i've mentioned i'm floral and I do In Room Celebrations so I travel to the resorts and set up packages in the rooms that have been ordered. It's kind of fun to be the behind scenes of making the magic, I would just love to see some kids faces when they go into their rooms! It's pretty good so far, i'm just nervous to have to start driving on my own because I don't have the property down yet. There are 7 other CP girls and they are pretty cute, I enjoy them. I don't see them a whole lot, in fact I don't see about half of them most of the time but those I do see in passing are pretty fun. Six of us went to Epcot last night to eat an hang out briefly. They're pretty funny! Unfortunately my schedule has kept me from getting to Church yet which is a bummer and something I really want to do. On the bright side my schedule is constant with hours, 11:30-20:00 (8, sorry that Military time has gotten to me).
Lets see, my roommate was on a bus a motorcyclist flew through the window and she was the only one calm enough to call 911. So that was a pretty interesting story to get from her. ALSO I ride the Epcot bus home and i've discovered the German boys are attractive so thats neat!
Anyway, I know i've been crap with updating which sucks because I love reading through my posts of my first program so hopefully I can pick up my slack!

No comments:

Post a Comment