Monday, April 8, 2013

Falling behind

My bad. I have been so busy with Spring Break that I havent had time to update. And when I actually do have what little spare time I have i'm too lazy to sit down and write. Hahaha oops. I'm actually still feeling that way so this update is going to be in a nutshell. Maybe. I might get carried away. Last week I joined my good ole Adventureland friends once more and guess what...i'm returning again. Haha I love Adventureland so i'm not even mad! :) Last week my parents and little sister came to visit! It was fun and I got what little vacation I will get while here.
I first want to share a work story and how i'm an idiot. So I was in a store working and there was just me and one other cast member in this store. This kid was hilarious with his interactions with the guests. and yeah..he had a british accent. Finally I was like alright where are you from? Because we all know I like to think I know England geographically. So the nametag said some place I wasnt aware of. He told me it was just about 40 miles outside of London and I just went off on my love for England and he kept trying to make me do my attempt at an accent but I wouldnt because hello...he's a native. I would look like a fool. Anyway another girl brings his rotation and he leaves me to go to another store. He waves goodbye and away he goes-my new British friend. She turns to me and goes "man isnt he funny" and i'm like uh duh. and she was like you know he's not really British right? And i was like uhh....wait what? And she was like yeah he just pretends he's British. He got a nametag made for it and everything. Alright I felt like such an idiot because I went off on my love for his so called country. A couple hours later I saw him and he was like "ello Madison" and I was like I hate you. And he was so confused and I was like YOU ARENT BRITISH! And he busted up laughing and started talking normal! I was like what the heck man!?
So the next day he was the one following me in the rotation...meaning he was the one that kept bringing me my new assignment. Each time he would come to me he would just start laughing and I would just glare at him. Finally he was like "Ah Madison-dont be mad at me" (in his accent) I was like oh man. fine. I forgive you. He finally got his bumpout and had a couple minutes to spare before he could clockout so he sat and talked to me. I was like what the heck do you do when an actual English person talks to you. He told me he just goes with it and if they mention like a place there he just makes up something like "Oh that must be new" or "I havent been back in a while" Or something dumb to cover his tracks. He legit tries to fool everyone. He then tried to get me to do my accent again but I still refused. He was like you know the first time I met you I was talking normal and you just stood here and was like "Aladdin is so fine" Haha this was like two weeks before and I couldnt believe he remembered it but once he mentioned it I remembered it as well. Such a fool. But now folks...there really is a foreigner in Adventureland...so if you ever go...you wont know which one is real and which one is the fake. Keeping the magic alive! :)
While my parents were here we took a day and went to Universal. I went to the Harry Potter land and oh my gosh it was awesome! The ride that is in Hogwarts is probably one of my favorite rides ever! I thought it was a blast!!
The weather here in Florida has been perfect! Not too hot (well there are some moments when I think i'm gonna melt) but ah. I'm loving this Florida life. Cant believe I leave next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment