Thursday, March 28, 2013

Catching Up

Alright everyone i'm sorry it's been a while. I've been crazy busy. Lets see I had my birthday! The week of my birthday I was deployed to Adventureland. I spent my 20th birthday by attending church (such a good child I am) then hitting up Magic Kingdom before my shift started. Barb (Jessica) and I went to the Be Our Guest restaurant to eat lunch. This restaurant is quick service by day and sit down by night. It is absolutely amazing! The inside is decorated like the Beasts' castle and seriously it was incredible. I loved it. So glad I spent my birthday there. After such a short time in the park I started my Adventureland deployment. I worked the Pirates gift shop that day and absolutely loved it. I got paid to have sword fights with guests. Adventureland also is where Aladdin is. So in the other zone I was able to just stare at Aladdin and occasionally run into him backstage. I loved Adventureland and made some good friends there. One night at pirates me and a cast member were joking around as we helped a guest at the register. This guest was like "All you guys have the same personality" and we kinda looked at each other like..uhh is that good? And then she was like "You guys are so fun" So we were like oh okay..it is good. Also in adventureland I could hear the firework music perfectly so ya..I definitely enjoyed my time there. I'm actually deployed there again next week and i'm a little upset because I am deployed once again and its so frustrating but I am so glad it's Adventureland because like I said..I loved it!
This Sunday I was back in Fantasyland and on my way to work this huge storm hit. I guess Florida was under some Tornado warning and it really was scary. I can imagine that's what weather gets like before a hurricane or something. Super winding and rain just pounding down. I then stepped in a puddle (Huge puddle that was completely unavoidable-trust me I tried) on my way to work so my feet and shoes were soppin wet the first few hours of work. Also this day I got extended so my 9 hour shift got changed into an 11 hour shift. I was beat.
Tuesday I walked into the Pooh shop to start my shift and found out I had missed Katie Holmes and Suri by ten minutes. I was pretty sad. I mean...celebrities are my thing. I had just barely missed them....barely!
Yesterday though everything turned excellent and was the high lite of my career so far in Disney. Why? Because Katie Holmes and Suri came in the store and they came to the side I was on, the less busier side, and I was able to Pixie Dust Suri while a cast member wrung up Katie's purchase. She bought Suri I crown so I cut the crown off and talked to Suri about Jasmine (thats whose crown it was) Katie was answering some of the questions I was asking Suri and then ironic was small talk is about the weather...we seriously talked about the weather. Haha its fine. I talked about the weather with Katie Holmes. I'm not even mad. I met Katie Holmes in a chicken skirt and once again...i'm not even mad. Haha it was awesome! Katie and Suri were both nice so I mean... that's exciting!
Anyway I have gotten no voice currently. Today at work dragged on because when I dont have a voice my own voice is so annoying to me. So every single time I talked to a guest which lets be honest..is constant...it sounded awful. My voice just got worse as time went on too. Even one of my managers was like "Oh..you dont sound good at all" Oh perfect. My voice is absolutely shot. Tomorrow is FINALLY my Friday thought after a 9 day week. I only get one day off but my family comes next week so i'm ready to finally get sort of a vacation...sort of. Not really though because i still gotta work!

No comments:

Post a Comment