Sunday, May 26, 2013

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me....

What a week. I had 60 hours of work this week. Let me tell you this, I am exhausted! I was yet again in Adventureland and the working long shifts there is the most miserable thing because it's so slow. And then long shifts in Pirates sucks because you are in the same place hours on end. All in all the week went by really fast and my paycheck is going to rock!
Monday night I got off work a quarter to 8 and Barb and Kristen were off so we decided to hit up MK obviously. We had plans (I had plans) to research the ever so attractive Adventureland hottie. We joked around we would be doing the Tikki Room at least 7 times but lucky for the other two and sadly for me, no sight of Adventureland hottie. So we rode some rides, watched some Wishes, the usual. We then decided to hit up the fairies and there was absolutely no wait so we sat and chatted with Tinkerbell and Rosetta for a few minutes. Talked about Vista Way and how we worked there. 
Tuesday Kristen and I had a day off so we started it with a trip to Downtown Disney to research a boy. We got the response "no one here by that name works here" Kristen was like....uhh i've seen him here. That's how I met him. Anyway so he's a figment of her imagination so we ventured to the MK once more to watch my fantastic 3 0'clock parade. The day had been a little rainy so I feared they would do the rainy day parade and not my parade. We were at the starting point but as soon as it started it started to sprinkle so I was worried the dancers would bounce but they stayed and I saw my parade. Wahoo. But Cinderella's float was MIA so it's a good thing I will see it one more time! :) We then got in line to meet Merida and she was so cute. I was wearing my paper plane necklace and while waiting the character attendant was like it reminds me of the Paperman and I was like oh my gosh yeah! and then thats the first thing Merida said and she was like maybe if I met someone like him i would let him shoot for my arm. Then she points to another character attendnat and she was like what about him? Do you think I should let him and I was like "ehh.." and she leans in and was like "it's alright, he plays for the other team" hahaha I couldnt stop laughing. She was fantastic. Then we went to meet the Princesses cause Kristen needed Rapunzels autograph and as soon as we walked in the room Rapunzel was in the front corner greeting a guest so we couldnt see her so Kristen stopped and was like "WHERES RAPUNZEL?" like about to have a meltdown. It was hilarious. Then she came into view so all was right in the world again. We then ventured to Adventureland to see the ever amazing Aladdin and it was hilarious! Aladdin was hiding from Kristen and Jasmine was like he thinks you're a sandwhich and Kristen was like "WHAT?" and Jasmine was like oh not the edible kind and then she went off on a story of what a sandwhich was and I was cracking up. 
Kristen then got the great idea to go ask a cast member if the Adventureland hottie was working. Yeah, no he was off. Apparently he was the only one in all of Magic Kingdom to have two days off this week. Then we went over and met Tiana and Naveen and Kristen had been using a Rapunzel pen to get the autographs so when Kristen was up she was talking to Tiana and Naveen was like how do I use this pen? so I call out you have to pull the hair off, meaning the end of the hair but he thought the head so he starts pulling at the head and Kristen, Tiana, and I all call out "NOOO!" and once again I couldnt stop laughing. Naveen was tramatized. When I went up for a picture he was like "Suddenly just three girls were yelling at me!"
Kristen and I then did some adult like things like ride rides and then got in line for some ice cream before the projection show and it was our lucky day because we got free ice cream! YAY! The cast members were practicing how to twirl it so bam! Free ice cream for us! Celebrate the Magic was amazing. Wishes was amazing. 
Wednesday-Saturday I brutally worked. Thursday night I was working in Agrabah right by the CDS and Katie was stocking so she was sitting there talking to me and Adventureland hottie walked back to the cds when we didnt see because honestly, we had been playing with a bubble gun. hahaha. Anyway Katie goes to the back and comes out and goes "Maaaaadison you're boyfriend is at the CDS!" The door was still cracked open so he obviously heard. I yelled at her. Friday the park was open 24 hours for Monstrous Summer. What a disaster. I got stuck at the dumb cart hours on end and I hate that cart. I was there for fireworks which I loved and I met some great guests who I really enjoyed talking to. but besides that I felt like I was holding up a sign saying "HI! Come complain to me about the parks crowd!" So annoying. I was scheduled to get off at 1 AM but not enough people showed up for the land so we had to close at 1 so I was there till 2 helping close up. Saturday I was in Pirates all day and the managers and coordinators were coming up to me and was like "Is this your last day with us?" And I would be like "Yup. Forever." and they would be sad because they love me! :) there is also one coordinator who everytime he sees me he calls me Madison square garden. Like i'll walk by and he'll just be like "Madison Square Garden." and i'm like..hi. 
Today was my last Sunday in Florida and I really cant believe how fast time has gone. It was great to see the missionaries because let's be honest, they have been a huge blessing in my life while here in Florida. I'm so glad I get to spend my last couple of days back in Fantasyland.





Casual research on The Magic Carpets

No comments:

Post a Comment