Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stocking and Sunday

Alrighty...so yesterday I had to go in at 7 AM. Excuse me? If you know me you know I am the FURTHEST thing from a morning person. Seriously like Madison and Morning isn't even supposed to be in the same sentence. Anyway so the reason I had to be there at 7 when the park opened at 9 was to do morning stock. Umm..yeah not good because I have not been trained on how to do that so I had no knowledge of that at all. So I tagged along with a girl who did it. It was actually really neat because once she found out I was from Utah and that I was LDS she became so interested in learning everything I believe in. It was an awesome missionary experience. She could not wrap her head around the fact that we don't practice piligamy anymore. When we were talking about it infront of another cast member the other cast member was like "Wait, what religion are you?" And the cast member I had been talking to was like "Mormon. But not the crazy side." Hahaha I started laughing. Oh man. I've actually had opportunities every day to have missionary experiences. It's seriously so neat.
Today I was scheduled for Area Stock. Umm excuse me, I havent been trained remember? So yeah, it was a long day of just tagging along and I felt dumb and un-helpful but I survived. I came home, took a power nap and took off for Church.
Lets be real, since the moment I arrived in Orlando I have desperately wanted to meet some LDS kids. I was FINALLY able to attend Church today! Lucky for me I just have to take the bus like I am going to work. I get off at the same stop I do for work but instead of hopping on the shuttle that goes to the park, some members are there to shuttle us over to the church which is about a mile away. On my way to the bus the kid infront of me was wearing church clothes. As soon as we both stopped waiting for the bus he turned to me and was like "You going to church?" So then we got talking, met a couple more girls and talked the whole bus ride. It was great to be able to talk about Utah (we were all from Utah) and actually have people understand where I am coming from, why I do the things I do, and what not. The service was great. It was only sacrament meeting at 8 at night. The full block is at 9 in the morning but they have a sacrament meeting at night for those who had to work during the day. It's awesome so more people have the opportunity to participate of the Sacrament. Anyway a Sister missionary and Elder spoke. Honestly the whole time I was like man, answers to my prayers left and right. After the meeting I went and met with the bishop as we filled out a paper in order for my records to get sent here. He was so nice and we had a nice little chat. Once I got in the lobby the Elder who spoke approached me and talked to me. He asked if he could meet with me later this week and said they try to meet with the members about once every three weeks. He then told me if I need anything at all to contact them. Him and his companion were so sweet and i'm really looking forward to my meeting with them this week. I'm so glad I was able to attend tonight. It's so refreshing to attend Church and be surrounded by people who share the same beliefs.
Okay-sorry this post was rarely about Disney in itself. I was just pretty stoked to go to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment